Ledger has long since established itself as a global leader in hardware wallet security, developing some of the world's most secure devices such as the Nano X and Nano S. Its latest addition, the Ledger Nano S Plus, is no different! As a cold storage hardware wallet, the Ledger Nano S Plus achieves the perfect balance between convenience and the highest form of security.
If you’re contemplating which Ledger device is best for you, we’re comparing the two below!
THE LEDGER NANO X
The Ledger Nano X builds on industry standards to bring to you a sleek, fully mobile and secure hardware wallet. Powered with state-of-the-art security, your private keys are isolated within the same certified secure element (CC EAL5+), yet unrestricted by the usual USB connectors.
THE LEDGER NANO S
Fan of NFTs? Well then, you’re going to LOVE the Ledger Nano S Plus. The Ledger Nano S Plus takes the iconic Ledger Nano S, and makes it DeFi and NFT-friendly! As a cold storage hardware wallet, the Ledger Nano S Plus achieves the perfect balance between convenience and the highest form of security.
LEDGER NANO S PLUS vs LEDGER NANO X SIMILARITIES
- Both have a 128 × 64px screen
- Both have a USB-C connector
- Both support up to 100* apps installed on your device
- Both support 5500+ coins and tokens
- Both are compatible with 50+ wallets
- Both can run on operating systems like Windows (8 and above), MacOS (10.0 and above), and Linux. They also run on Android devices
LEDGER NANO S PLUS vs LEDGER NANO X DIFFERENCES
- Nano S Plus has no battery, while the Nano X has a battery that can run for 8 hours on standby mode
- Nano S Plus has no Bluetooth, but the Nano X version has Bluetooth® compatibility with Ledger Live Mobile
- Nano S Plus size is 62.39mm x 17.40mm x 8.24mm while the Nano X is 72mm × 18.6mm × 11.75mm
- Nano S Plus is 21g while the Nano X is 34g
- Nano S Plus is cheaper than the Nano X
- Nano S Plus has a glossy finish while the Nano X has a matte finish
WHICH ONE IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
The Nano S Plus is a great entry-level model that ticks all security boxes without breaking the budget and is our #1 pick for the ‘everyday’ crypto enthusiast. It will get most users started on their journey to being secure with your coins and ensuring you are protected against exchanges going bust or being hacked. It might not have all the bells and whistles (like Bluetooth and an in-built battery) like the Nano X, but you do get a more reliable and simplistic device that does exactly what it needs to - no more, no less!
Having considered the relevant factors related to the Ledger Nano S Plus and the Nano X, you can rest assured that whichever you choose to purchase, Ledger will guarantee above industry standard security of your digital assets.
It’s no secret that the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) is cracking down on crypto traders this tax season! Is your tax sorted? We've teamed up with CTC to offer our community 20% off when you sign up for their tax calculation software using our discount code COINSTOP20. Valid until 31st of July, 11:59 pm AEST.